WHAT IS THE EMERALD CUP?
Originally held as a friendly, yet mostly anonymous, contest in an undisclosed location somewhere in the infamous Emerald Triangle, today the Emerald Cup openly and proudly continues an 18-year tradition of celebrating the cannabis plant, the culture surrounding it, and the farmers and producers who ethically bring it to market.
Featuring chart-topping live musical acts, organic food and beverage options, intriguing panel discussions, indoor and outdoor activations and VIP experiences, and an incredibly diverse direct-to-consumer cannabis marketplace, the Emerald Cup Harvest Ball and the Emerald Cup Awards are more than a celebration, also presenting the world’s premiere cannabis competition featuring over 600 entries in 40+ categories encompassing all aspects of consumption.
WHEN WILL THE EMERALD CUP AWARDS TAKE PLACE?
The 18th Annual Emerald Cup Competition will kick off soon after the Emerald Cup Harvest Ball. We will update you with more information as it’s made available but here are some key windows we can share as of today’s date:
Competition Categories to be announced in mid-October 2021
Judges Applications to open in late October 2021
Competition Entry to open in early December 2021
Competition Judge will be announced in mid-November 2021
Competition Intake Window open early January 2022
Competition Judging begins early February 2022
The 18th Annual Emerald Cup Awards will be announced at a later date
WHAT IS THE EMERALD CUP AWARDS (THE ANNUAL COMPETITION)?
The Emerald Cup Awards is a foundational aspect of our annual events offering a transparent and trusted chance for California’s best cultivators, extractors, movers, shakers, and cool-product-makers to put their best head-to-head against the rest. Hundreds of products will be entered into dozens of categories and then scrutinized by certified testing labs and a roster of judges selected for their vast individual and collective experience with the plant.
Awards will be presented across 40+ categories including flowers, concentrates, edibles, topicals, and more!
The recognition from peers and consumers alike that comes along with an Emerald Cup achievement can be transformational for a brand as it highlights their commitment to the culture by crafting clean cannabis.
The California cannabis market is stronger when united and the 2022 Emerald Cup Awards will bridge the gap between the NorCal and SoCal markets, providing more opportunities for farmers and brands and new options for consumers.
(More details TBA)
(More details TBA)
WHAT IS THE EMERALD CUP’S WORLD FAMOUS MARKETPLACE?
A destination for cannabis connoisseurs worldwide, the Emerald Cup Marketplace is a direct-to-consumer “farmer’s market”-style shopping experience hosted at the Emerald Cup Harvest Ball.
The Emerald Cup Marketplace provides exclusive access to the fall’s fresh cannabis harvest, a wide array of top-shelf genetics for your home or commercial grow, an unrivaled collection of heritage and new-gen products, and face-to-face interaction with the folks behind the most highly sought-after cannabis brands in California.
This is how cannabis, and the appreciation of it, was meant to be exchanged!
WHAT IS YOUR COVID19 POLICY FOR THE EMERALD CUP HARVEST BALL?
Our Health and Safety Policy which addresses Covid19 public health policy can be found here.
DO I NEED TO BE VACCINATED FOR COVID19 TO ATTEND THE HARVEST BALL?
Our Health and Safety Policy which addresses Covid19 public health policy can be found here.
IS THE EMERALD CUP AN OUTDOOR OR AN INDOOR EVENT?
The event is BOTH outdoor and indoor – we suggest you check the weather before you arrive, and if you have any Covid19 concerns, please review our Health & Safety policy here.
WHAT IS THE EMERALD CUP HARVEST BALL?
A 2-day celebration at the Sonoma County Fairgrounds and the Flamingo Resort in Santa Rosa, the Emerald Cup Harvest Ball will have the same welcoming, grassroots vibe from past Emerald Cup events just without the competition and awards phase (which will be held separately, at a later date).
Think of it as a fall harvest “afterparty” with a focus on further expanding our unrivaled direct-to-consumer cannabis marketplace – the Emerald Cup Harvest Ball is the perfect venue to meet up with old friends and make some new ones, to stock up on fresh flowers from the fall harvest, to replenish your seed stash, and just to shake off the social cobwebs of the past year!
Great live music, great food, and of course great cannabis will all be abundant at the Emerald Cup Harvest Ball.
December 11-12, 2021
Sonoma County Fairgrounds
Santa Rosa, California
WHEN IS THE EMERALD CUP HARVEST BALL?
Saturday December 11 – Sunday December 12, 2021
WHERE IS THE EMERALD CUP HARVEST BALL?
Sonoma County Fairgrounds
1350 Bennett Valley Road
Santa Rosa, CA 95404
WHAT TIME DOES THE EMERALD CUP HARVEST BALL OPEN AND CLOSE EACH DAY?
SATURDAY DECEMBER 11th
Emerald VIP & Super Emerald VIP:
11am – 10pm
12pm – 10pm
SUNDAY DECEMBER 12th
Emerald VIP & Super Emerald VIP:
11am – 8pm
12pm – 8pm
DO I NEED TO BE A MEDICAL CANNABIS PATIENT TO ATTEND?
No, you do not need to be a medical cannabis patient to attend, but daily purchasing limits for recreational consumers will be in place according to state law.
HOW OLD DO YOU HAVE TO BE TO ATTEND?
The event is open to anyone 21 years or older with a valid photo ID.
WHAT IS CONSIDERED A VALID PHOTO ID?
A valid photo ID means a current Government-issued identification that includes your name and photograph (i.e., CA or out-of-state driver’s license or ID card, US or Foreign Passport, or military ID).
Harvest Ball Giveaway Rules
1. EMAIL OPTION AND SUBMISSION ON THIS PAGE FOR HARVEST BALL WILL BE REQUIRED TO BE ENTERED INTO THE GIVEAWAY TO RECEIVE THE PRIZE PACKAGE. EACH OPT-IN AND FORM SUBMISSION WILL GRANT ONE (1) ENTRY TO BE DRAWN ON THE GIVEAWAY ANNOUNCEMENT DATE OF NOVEMBER 21ST OF 2021. TO RECEIVE THE GIVEAWAY PRIZE PACKAGE, RECIPIENTS MUST BE IN A LEGAL STATE AND ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL POTENTIAL TAX LIABILITIES. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. TO ENTER AND RECEIVE: Please follow the methods listed for giveaway entry on this page. We offer products for the giveaway in hopes that you will go to our site and become a customer.
Non-receiving entries will not be rolled over to future drawings. No responsibility is assumed for lost, late, incomplete, stolen, misdirected, or illegible entries; or for any computer, telephone, cable, network, satellite, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, availability or garbled or jumbled transmissions, or service provider/Internet/web site/use net accessibility or availability, traffic congestion, or unauthorized human intervention, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information, or the failure to capture any such information.
By entering you agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of Emerald Cup or its designee, which are final and binding in all respects.
No purchases can be made on this page. No Purchase is required to enter the giveaway.
ENTRY PERIOD: The start date for the giveaway period is October 18, 2021 at 12:00am PST, and the end date for the giveaway is November 21, 2021 at 11:59am PST.
3. ELIGIBILITY: The giveaway is offered only in authorized areas of the United States to legal residents of the 50 United States who are at least 21 years old at time of entry (does not include Alaska or Hawaii). Void where prohibited by law. The giveaway is not open to giveaway organizers, employees and directors of Emerald Cup. When listed, some giveaways are only open to retailers and/or affiliates within the U.S.
Restricted Areas that are not eligible for shipping of cannabis products.
4. PRODUCT: Product values will vary for each giveaway. Winners may receive products including Emerald Cup or Harvest Ball tickets, products, apparel and/or gift cards or discounts.
5. ODDS OF RECEIVING: Odds of receiving are based on the number of entries during the giveaway Period. We use a random selector to choose giveaway recipients, and post the result directly on our website and social channels, along with emailing the giveaway recipient directly to coordinate claiming their product.
6. RECIPIENT NOTIFICATION AND ACCEPTANCE: The recipient will be notified via email used to opt in to the giveaway on EmeraldCup.co. The recipient will receive the product at the address they provide after notification and acceptance.
Inability to reach the recipient by email after reasonable efforts (as determined solely by giveaway organizers) may result in disqualification and an alternate recipient may be selected. Recipients may waive their right to receive a Product. Product is non assignable and non transferable. Substitutions will be available only at the discretion of the giveaway organizers. The giveaway organizers are solely responsible for providing the Product directly to specified recipients. Recipient is solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes. Except where prohibited, participation in a giveaway constitutes an entrant’s consent to the publication of his or her name in any media for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation or further compensation. Signature and valid ID of a household member who is at least 21 years of age are required at time of delivery.
7. PARTICIPATION: Participation in the giveaway constitutes an agreement by each entrant to comply with these Official Giveaway Rules. In the event the Giveaway is compromised by causes beyond the reasonable control of Emerald Cup which corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the giveaway, Emerald Cup reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the giveaway. Should the giveaway be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Emerald Cup reserves the right to award the Product based on the entries received before the termination date.
8. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: By entering the giveaway, entrant agrees that (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the giveaway, or any Product awarded, shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action; (2) any claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the giveaway, but in no event attorney’s fees; and (3) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than damages for actual out-of-pocket expenses.
Giveaway organizers are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by web site users, tampering, hacking, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the giveaway and assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to the web site. Giveaway organizers are not responsible for injury or damage to participants’ or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in this giveaway or downloading materials from or use of the web site. If, for any reason, the giveaway is not capable of running as planned by reason of infection by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which giveaway organizers, in the sole opinion of giveaway organizers, deems could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this giveaway, giveaway organizers reserve the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this giveaway and select the recipients from entries received prior to the action taken or in such other manner as giveaway organizers may deem fair and appropriate. IN NO EVENT WILL DESIGNER, BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF EMERALD CUP INTERNET SITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON THIS SITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE IMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
9. CONSTRUCTION: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Giveaway Rules, or the rights and obligations of any entrant and Emerald Cup, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of Utah, or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Utah. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the invalidity or unenforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
10. GENERAL RELEASE: By entering the giveaway, entrants release Emerald Cup, and each of their respective affiliated companies, directors, officers, employees, representatives, partners and agents from any liability whatsoever for any claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the giveaway or with the acceptance, possession or use of any Product (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light).
11. ORGANIZER: The giveaways are organized by members of Emerald Cup, whose decisions regarding the selection of recipients and all other aspects of the giveaway shall be final and binding in all respects. Emerald Cup will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Giveaway Rules or in other materials relating to the giveaway. If you have any questions regarding the giveaway, please contact email@example.com
Health & Safety FAQs
How do I show proof of vaccination when I arrive?
You must provide a physical or digital copy of a COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card. The name on the card must match the name on your government issued ID.
What happens if I take my test before the festival, and it comes back positive?
We hope that doesn’t happen to anyone, but if it does, you’ll be able to apply for a refund through SEE Tickets. Please keep reading for more information and FAQs.
What if I got one shot of a vaccine that requires two shots?
Congrats on getting your first shot and you’re on your way to full vaccination! To attend ECHB on December 11-12, you’ll be required to provide a negative COVID-19 test result within 72 hours of the festival.
I can’t find my Vaccination Card. What should I do?
If you plan to show proof of vaccination, don’t forget your card (or a digital copy of it). Contact your vaccination provider directly if you have lost your vaccination card or don’t have a copy.
If you find yourself at the festival gate without proof of vaccination, visit our On-Site No-Cost Covid-19 Testing Services Provided by City Testing Centers.
On-Site testing will be located in Lot A, across from Main Entrance Gate on Brookwood Avenue.
Why is ECHB making a negative test (within 72 hours) or proof of vaccination mandatory?
Asking attendees and staff to provide proof of a negative COVID test (within 72 hours) or proof of vaccination makes the Emerald Cup Harvest Ball experience safer.
I took a COVID test right before the festival and the test results came back positive. Now what?
We’re really sorry to hear that and we hope you’re ok! Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request your refund by 5 pm PST on December 12th. For fastest results, please include your order confirmation number in the email.
How do I show proof of test results when I arrive?
You must provide a physical or digital copy of the negative test result (within 72 hours). The name on the document must match the name on your government issued ID.
I’m not vaccinated but I want to come to the Festival. What do I have to do?
Take a COVID-19 test within 72 hours of Festival Day. That means a test taken on December 8th, 9th or after (depending on the entry date on your ticket). Bring your negative test result with you to show at the gate. Rapid Antigen Tests and Home Tests that offer digital verification.
You can purchase a variety of Rapid Tests online from Amazon, Instacart or Walgreens. They generally take 15 minutes to produce a result and if you scan the QR code, your results will be sent directly to your phone.
Find a testing location near you:
· Rapid Tests: CVS
· Community-Based Testing Sites
OR Visit our On-Site No-Cost Covid-19 Testing Services Provided by City Testing Centers. On-Site testing will be located in Lot A, across from Main Entrance Gate on Brookwood Avenue.
I’m traveling from another country where different vaccines have been approved (AstraZeneca, for example). Is that okay?
Yes, as long as you’re considered fully vaccinated and have your proof of vaccination you’re all set. The name on the vaccine card must match the name on your government issued ID.
Do we still have to wear masks?
We strongly encourage all attendees to wear a mask at ECHB and we ask that attendees mask up when indoors. Masks keep you and those around you safer.
I’m not vaccinated and I don’t want to take a test. What are my options?
We’d love for you to still attend ECHB, but all attendees will be required to provide a negative COVID test result, taken within 72 hours of the festival.
If you don’t want to get a COVID test and you’re not vaccinated, you may request a refund.
The period for refund requests will begin on December 3rd and will end on December 12th at 5PM PST. Requests will be accepted for tickets within this window only. Refund requests will be processed in as little as 30 days. Your refund will be issued to your original method of payment. You will receive an email confirmation when your refund has been processed.
All ticket refund requests are managed and executed by See Tickets Customer Support. Please email email@example.com for more information on requesting refunds.