2021 ACCESSIBILITY – OFFICIAL EMERALD CUP ADA GUIDE
Emerald Cup is a fully accessible event, and we are dedicated to continually improving our efforts to ensure you have access to all the event amenities. We welcome and encourage all feedback and suggestions from our patrons. The following explains the services provided this year. For any accessibility-related questions please contact us. We will do our best to assist you and address your accessibility needs.
The venue is fully navigable for people with mobility disabilities. The event is held on flat, level concrete. There are accessible pathways connected throughout the venue including parking, entrances, stages, vendors and all other activity areas. We encourage all guests with mobility disabilities to utilize personal forms of transportation, including wheelchairs and scooters. If you need to recharge your motorized wheelchair, you may do so at the Accessibility Services kiosk. Patrons should bring all cords and accessories needed to charge their devices. Chargers must use a 110-volt, 20 amp circuit. We will not be providing wheelchair or scooter rentals.
There will be limited ADA parking for guests with disabilities onsite and is available on a first come, first serve basis. You will need a verified handicap placard, permit, or license plate to enter this parking lot. The person to whom the handicap credential is issued must be present in the vehicle, as a driver or passenger.
There will be an ADA entry lane, located at the main entrance. Disabled guests may use this lane to safely enter the venue. After using the ADA entry, please visit the Accessibility Services kiosk immediately after so that you can keep using the ADA entry for the following show days.
ACCESSIBILITY SERVICES KIOSK
Please Note: You must stop here to get your ADA wristband credential.
There will be an Accessibility Services kiosk conveniently located after the main entrance on the right hand side, after the Info booth, right outside of the alcohol consumption area. At this location, you can:
- Get your ADA wristband credential
- Get your ADA questions answered
- Learn about our accessibility services
- ADA wristbands are good for the whole weekend
- DO NOT remove your wristband for the entire duration the event
- One companion wristband will be issued for each disabled patron (exceptions will be made for families with young children)
- If a disabled guest wants to switch their companion, please bring the old companion wristband to the Accessibility Services kiosk to be reissued
ACCESSIBLE VIEWING AREA
There will be an accessible viewing area made available to ADA patrons at The Emerald Stage. To gain access to this area, please visit us at the Accessibility Services kiosk.
Accessible Viewing Area Policies:
- Companions may be asked to stand in the back if capacity is reached
- Patrons and companions may not smoke in these areas
- Patrons are asked to not save spots
Service animals are permitted throughout the venue. However, this does not include emotional support animals, therapy animals, or companion animals. Pets are not allowed and will be turned away. Only legitimate service animals that are properly trained and under the proper care of their owners will be provided with the appropriate credentials and allowed within the event footprint.
The following guidelines must be followed:
- All service animals must remain by the handler’s side at all times and must be harnessed, leashed, or tethered. If these devices interfere with the service animal’s work or if the handler’s disability prevents the use of these devices, the handler must maintain control of the animal through voice, signal, or other effective controls
- Service animals must be housebroken and should use the service animal relief area
- Anyone bringing an animal will be responsible for and liable for any damage or injury caused by the animal
- All animals should have legally required vaccinations.
- ATMs & Concessions: All ATMs and concessions are fully accessible and located throughout the venue. If assistance is required, please confer with an event staff member.
- First Aid: We have several First Aid locations throughout the venue, noted on the event maps and mobile app. Professional medical staff can help you with your medical needs at these locations.
- Special Dietary Needs: The event will have food vendors that provide gluten-free dietary options. For those with special dietary needs beyond what will be offered at the event, please contact us for further assistance.
COMMENTS, QUESTIONS & SUGGESTIONS
Emerald Cup will consider any request by a guest with disability for reasonable modification of its policies, practices or procedures or for auxiliary aids and services that will permit the guest equal enjoyment of the goods and services offered at the event. We encourage you to make any such request as far in advance as possible to enhance our ability to evaluate and fulfill the request.
In continually trying to make our event more accessible, we encourage you to contact us for any of your accessibility-related needs. Additionally, if you have any questions about ADA policies or our services, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
We hope you find this guide informative, we look forward to seeing you at Emerald Cup!